Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus MTPT02_6B - Mechanics of rigid and flexible bodies (MTF - WS 2012/2013)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Materials Science and Technology in Trnava|
|Course unit title:||Mechanics of rigid and flexible bodies|
|Course unit code:||MTPT02_6B|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (6 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||Ing. Rastislav Ďuriš, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak|
Ing. Lenka Kolíková, PhD. (instructor) - slovak
Ing. Helena Kraváriková, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak
Ing. Eva Labašová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
doc. Ing. Milan Naď, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak
Ing. Ladislav Rolník, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The aim of this course is to present basic knowledge of the following separate disciplines of solid mechanics: statics, kinematics and dynamics. The course content is designed to obtain fundamental knowledge of basic mass objects in an equilibrium state, respectively. in a motion state. Students will be able to analyze mechanical systems in terms of statics, kinematics and dynamics. In addressing the specific problems they will be able to formulate relevant problems, set up mechanical-mathematical model, to apply of loading and stress of simple mechanical systems. By the solutions this model, they obtain the knowledge about the properties and behavior of the mechanical system.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|1. Basic concepts and laws of statics. Force system - replacing a balance. Static certainty of mechanical systems. Constraints. The internal force effects.
2. The equlibrium of plane objects. Static analysis of moving and stationary systems. Trusses. Passive resistance.
3. Kinematics of rigid bodies. The conditions and principles of plane motion of objects. Fundamental cases of rigid body motion. Relations between the kinematic variables.
4. Dynamics of a system of material points. Methods for the formulation of equations of motion.
5. Dynamics of rigid body. Equations of motion and their solution.
6. The miltibody system dynamics and methods for their analysis.
7. Linear vibration of SDOF.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||Lectures and seminars.|
|Assesment methods and criteria:||Examination - written form|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Mgr. Alena Kopčanová on 07/02/2012.