Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D1-MKO - Finite volume method (FCE - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
Course unit title:
|Finite volume method|
|Course unit code:||D1-MKO|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam-PhD (5 credits)|
Name of lecturer:
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
The student will obtain knowledge of the numerical analysis of the finite volume method as well as its computer implementation and applications in image processing, heat transfer, diffusion and flow of liquids and gases.
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
- The finite volume method for solving elliptic problems.
- The finite volume method for solving parabolic problems.
- The finite volume method for solving hyperbolic problems.
- The finite volume method for solving nonlinear diffusion and level-set equations.
- Methods of proofs of convergence and error estimates for the finite volume method.
Recommended or required reading:
Planned learning activities and teaching methods:
0/2 - 26 hours per semester (on-site method).
Assesment methods and criteria:
Language of instruction:
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 10/31/2017.