Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N413C1_4B - Special Chemicals for Household, Garden and Industry (FCFT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology|
|Course unit code:||N413C1_4B|
|Course unit title:||Special Chemicals for Household, Garden and Industry|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Food, Nutrition, Cosmetics - bachelor (optional), 3. semester|
Chemistry, Medical Chemistry and Chemical Materials - bachelor (optional), 5. semester
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During the semester, students demonstrate their knowledge in written tests. Frequency and timing of tests throughout the semester is governed by a pre-agreed rules. Two written tests are recommended during the semester. If students achieve more than 56% of required points during the semester, they will get classification marks according to success. Students with less than 56% success of individual written tests, write test of the entire curriculum during the trial period.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Knowledge of the method of production of selected specialty chemicals, intermediates used for the production of substances, materials and articles used in daily life, especially in the home, cleaning, washing, disinfection, personal hygiene, seasonings, for fragrances, packaging, coloring, decoration, isolation, protection and cultivation of plants, as well as car maintenance.|
|1.Dyes and Pigments for textiles, plastics, paints, cosmetics, and other applications. The essential properties and characteristics of organic and inorganic dyes and pigments, azo dyes, quinone dyes, indigoid dyes, sulfur dyes and aryl and polyaryl methane dyes.
2. Surface- active agents in detergents, shampoos, soaps, detergents for dishes, furniture, floor, glass, emulsifiers in cosmetics, food and industrial applications. Description and basic properties of surfactants, surfactant types. Other constituents of preparations containing surfactants. Environmental aspects and perspectives of surfactants.
3. Spices and seasonings. Natural spices and seasonings of plant and animal origin, application forms, synthetic spices and seasonings.
4. Other household chemicals , chemicals in the garage ( petrol, diesel, oil, brake fluid, coolant, chemicals for car maintenance ) .
5. Chemicals for the garden, fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, modern trends.
6. Specialty chemicals for plastics and rubbers , vulcanization accelerators , catalysts and polymerization initiators , plasticizers, antioxidants, antiozonants, flame retardant types and their mechanism of action.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 74|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Alexander Kaszonyi, CSc. (person responsible for course) - slovak, english |
doc. Ing. Magdaléna Štolcová, PhD. (examiner, lecturer) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||29. 1. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Alexander Kaszonyi, CSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 01/29/2019.