Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N413C1_4B - Special Chemicals for Household, Garden and Industry (FCFT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology|
|Course unit title:||Special Chemicals for Household, Garden and Industry|
|Course unit code:||N413C1_4B|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (2 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||prof. Ing. Alexander Kaszonyi, CSc. (person responsible for course) - slovak, english |
doc. Ing. Magdaléna Štolcová, PhD. (examiner, lecturer) - slovak, english
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Knowledge of the method of production of selected specialty chemicals, intermediates used for the production of substances, materials and articles used in daily life, especially in the home, cleaning, washing, disinfection, personal hygiene, seasonings, for fragrances, packaging, coloring, decoration, isolation, protection and cultivation of plants, as well as car maintenance.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|1.Dyes and Pigments for textiles, plastics, paints, cosmetics, and other applications. The essential properties and characteristics of organic and inorganic dyes and pigments, azo dyes, quinone dyes, indigoid dyes, sulfur dyes and aryl and polyaryl methane dyes.
2. Surface- active agents in detergents, shampoos, soaps, detergents for dishes, furniture, floor, glass, emulsifiers in cosmetics, food and industrial applications. Description and basic properties of surfactants, surfactant types. Other constituents of preparations containing surfactants. Environmental aspects and perspectives of surfactants.
3. Spices and seasonings. Natural spices and seasonings of plant and animal origin, application forms, synthetic spices and seasonings.
4. Other household chemicals , chemicals in the garage ( petrol, diesel, oil, brake fluid, coolant, chemicals for car maintenance ) .
5. Chemicals for the garden, fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, modern trends.
6. Specialty chemicals for plastics and rubbers , vulcanization accelerators , catalysts and polymerization initiators , plasticizers, antioxidants, antiozonants, flame retardant types and their mechanism of action.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||lectures and tests during semester|
|Assesment methods and criteria:||From the written tests a total of 100 points can be obtained. To obtain Mark A at least 92 points must be obtained, to obtain B at least 83 points, C at least 74 points, D at least 65 points and E of at least 56 points. Credits shall be granted to a student who even during the trial period obtained from the test at least 56 points.|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 01/29/2019.