Informačný list ECTS Sylabus
Sylabus předmětu B1-FYZ1_G - Physics 1 - Optics (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-FYZ1_G|
|Course unit title:||Physics 1 - Optics|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Geodesy and Cartography - bachelor (compulsory), 1. semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|development and delivery of laboratory assignments|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Lectures deal with geometrical and wave optics.Problems of geometrical optics are explained with respect to the basic principles of geometrical optics and imaging of lens and other optical systems.|
|- Content and division of optics. The basic laws of geometric optics. Optical prisms and their usage. Dispersion of the light. Color mixing. Methods of measuring refractive index. Fraunhofer's method of measuring the refractive index by spectrometer.
- Planparalel plate, astronomic refraction. Reflection on mirrors. Fermat's principle. Optical imaging. Sign convention rules.
- Vertex imaging equations. Imaging equations in focus coordinates. Centered system. Centered systems' imaging equations.
- Thick lenses. Thin lenses. Combination of thin lenses. Telescopic systems. Lens flaws.
- Optical instruments. Eye. The simple magnifier. Microscope. Telescope. Oculars.
- Projectors. Cameras. Telephoto lens. Zoom lens.
- Wave theory of light. Interference, diffraction of light and its influence on resolving power of optical instruments. Measurement of light wavelength.
- Physical principle of optical holography and interferometric methods. Reflective and anti -reflective layers.
- Optical detectors -- eye, photodiode, photomultiplier tube. Light sources -- LED diode, laser diode. Laser. Light modulators.
- Physical principles of optical rangefinder. Optical properties of the atmosphere. The influence of atmosphere on aberrations of optical measurements.
- Principles of laser-Doppler anemometry.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak and english|
|Assessed students in total: 206|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Mgr. Milan Jurči, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)|
prof. RNDr. Igor Medveď, PhD. (person responsible for course)
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. RNDr. Igor Medveď, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.