Informačný list ECTS Sylabus
Sylabus predmetu B1-KI - Landscape Engineering (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
|Course unit title:||Landscape Engineering|
Course unit code:
Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:
Exam (4 credits)
Name of lecturer:
prof. Ing. Kamila Hlavčová, PhD. (examiner, lecturer) - slovak, english
Ing. Katarína Kotríková, PhD. (instructor) - slovak
prof. Ing. Viliam Macura, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Andrej Škrinár, PhD. (examiner) - slovak, english
Ing. Zuzana Štefunková, PhD. (instructor) - slovak, english
RNDr. Jana Vojtková, PhD. (instructor) - slovak
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
|Students will acquire basic knowledge in the engineering approaches leading to sustainable use and protection of the water resources in landscape and urbanized area. Basic areas of the subject are the assessment and regulation of runoff conditions in landscape with the emphasis on the surface runoff in the watershed, as well as the water flowing in the open channel.
Based on the knowledge of transport and erosion processes, students will be able to propose basic organization and technical measures for eliminating soil loss and areal pollution of water resources. Students will also acquire knowledge in factors of the evolution of the river system relief, physical characteristics of streams, as well as the purpose of river training and river restoration.
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|- Mechanisms of the transport processes in the slopes of river basins.
- Methods of quantification of soil loss and chemical materials transport.
- Agro-technical and organizational measures for slowing-down the surface runoff and elimination of soil loss and chemical materials transport.
- Technical measures for slowing-down the surface runoff.
- Purpose and tools of river regulations.
- Longitudinal development of the stream channel, cross-section of the channel.
- Assessment of the stream channel stability, technical works in river regulations, vegetation, non-vegetation and combined lining of the stream channel.
- Principles of the stream restoration.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
The course is divided into lectures and exercises. Lectures include:
1. The characteristic of aquatic and terrestrial biota
2. Effect of water structures on the ecosystem of river basin
3. Restoration of water bodies in landscape
4. Bed loads regime of the rivers
5. Biological classification of water courses
6. Energy resources of the river ecosystem and its components
7. Vegetation in river basin and its multi-function effect
8. Biodiversity and techniques for its recovery
9. Natural Disasters
10. Floods and flood control measures.
During the exercises students will suggest the river regulation and restoration measures for a particular section of the river, which will ensure the maintenance of the biodiversity in selected area and will create optimal conditions for micro-habitats in extreme climate situations.
Within the exercises students will develop a project, for which they received credit. The theoretical part of the course ends with an examination which includes written and oral exams.
Part of the theory is a set of texts and presentations for particular parts of lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria:
|written and oral examinations|
Language of instruction:
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.