Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus OS_B - Operating Systems (FIIT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies|
|Course unit code:||OS_B|
|Course unit title:||Operating Systems|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (6 credits)|
|1. The notion of operating system, the purpose and tasks of an operating system in the overall structure of a computing system.
2. The evolution of operating systems, OS resources and principles of their management, OS categorization.
3. The user interface of Unix-like systems, command line interface, the shell a shell-scripting.
4. Parallel processes, process scheduling, methods of process communication, synchronization, and mutual exclusion. Deadlock principles and strategies for dealing with it.
5. Memory management methods, including simple methods, paging, segmentation, and virtual memory. Page replacement algorithms.
6. Filesystems, their internal structure and principles of implementation, access control.
7. The input/output subsystem, methods of cooperation between devices and the OS, the structure of input/output software.
Last modification made by RNDr. Marta Gnipová on 09/10/2019.