Informačný list ECTS Sylabus
Sylabus předmětu KSS_I - Communication Services and Networks (FIIT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies|
|Course unit code:||KSS_I|
|Course unit title:||Communication Services and Networks|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Conditions for passing the course are final test and work out project and tasks of network communication. For assessment A must be obtained at least 92 points, for assesment B must be obtained at least 83 points, for assesment C must be obtain at least 74 points, for assesment D must be obtain at least 65 points and for assesment E must be obtain at least 56 points.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|To obtain knowledge about security services on network layer, QoS services, network management and performance requirements of transport protocols. To obtain skills in the configuration network moduls for many services, e.i.for IPsec, NAT, access rules and QoS queue management.|
|1. Network security. Model for internetwork security. Network access security rules.
2. Firewalls, Network security in IP layer, IPsec, NAT.
3. Communication services. Principles of QoS. QoS over IP.
4. QoS tools. Flow marking and classification. Policing and shapping. Queue management.
5. QoS architecture models, Intserv, Diffserv and MPLS.
6. Transport protocols, performance problems in high speed networks.Performance of TCP protocol, TCP congestion control, TCP timer management, QoS and TCP.
7. Network management and monitoring -- models and basic function of monitoring. SNMP protocols, pros and cons SNMP versions.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak and english|
|Assessed students in total: 513|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Peter Trúchly, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak|
|Last modification:||15. 5. 2019|
|Supervisor:||Ing. Peter Trúchly, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marta Gnipová on 05/15/2019.