Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N426L0_4I - Laboratory of Biochemistry (FCFT - WS 2019/2020)
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
|Faculty:||Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology|
Course unit code:
Course unit title:
|Laboratory of Biochemistry|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Biotechnology - master (compulsory), 1. semester|
Biotechnology - master (compulsory), 1. semester
Level of study:
Prerequisites for registration:
|Final assessment will be made by evaluation of protocols and written tests.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
The goal of this course is to teach students the methods for the isolation and analysis of proteins, DNA, and with methods of determination of enzymatic activity, and isolation of cell organelles.
|Students will perform following experimental activities and measurements according to the instructions:
1. Isolation and electrophoretic separation of milk proteins.
2. Isolation and electrophoretic characterisation of plasmid DNA.
3. Determination of kinetic parameters of lactate dehydrogenase.
4. Purification of alfa-amylase and measurement of its activity by means of chromolytic substrate.
5. Isolation of chloroplasts and measurement of Hill reaction.
Students will summarize their results in protocols.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 147|
|Name of lecturer(s):|
29. 1. 2019
doc. Ing. Martin Šimkovič, PhD. and programme supervisor
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 01/29/2019.