Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-ZS - Foundation engineering (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-ZS|
|Course unit title:||Foundation engineering|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Structural and Transportation Engineering - bachelor (compulsory), 5. semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Continuous compounding of work quality on constructive classes|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|On the basis of evaluation of geological conditions and the type of the construction, evaluate geotechnical category. The basic principles of design of foundations and foundation pits, understanding of construction solution and technological procedures of constructing of foundations and temporary construction systems|
|- Requirements on geological investigation, classification of soils, geotechnical categories.
- Spread footings, depth of foundations, protection of underground parts of foundations against underground water impact.
- Design of spread footings by principles of first, second and third geotechnical category.
- Deep foundations: design, construction, technological process.
- Types of foundation pit, sloped pits, ground and underground drainage,
- Sheeting foundation pits, design of foundation, sheet pile wall, technological procedures , underground walls, pile walls, anchored walls.
- Cofferdams, sheeted foundation pits.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 217|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Jana Frankovská, PhD. (examiner, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak |
Ing. Jakub Stacho, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Jana Frankovská, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.