Informačný list ECTS Sylabus
Sylabus předmětu I1-OMPR_K - Flood Risk Management (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-OMPR_K|
|Course unit title:||Flood Risk Management|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Landscaping and Landscape Planning - master (semi-compulsory), 4. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Lectures and seminars will focus on the analysis of floods from the hydrological and meteorological aspects, on the quantification of the potential, sensitivity and vulnerability of catchments due to extreme runoff situations. Students will learn about new methods for estimation of design maximum discharges and precipitation totals, about extreme runoff estimation in small basins and application of mathematical modelling by extreme runoff scenarios. They will acquire knowledge in creation of flood risk maps and gain an overview of the technical measures leading to flood protection.|
|• Meteorological and hydrological aspects leading to floods.
• Potential, sensitivity and the vulnerability of catchments to the extreme hydrological situations and their quantification.
• Design maximum discharges and precipitation totals estimation, regional and at-site methods, application of geostatistical methods and modelling.
• Hydrological and hydraulic analysis of risk and risk management of extreme runoff situations.
• Flood risk management, flood hazard and flood risk maps.
• Legislation in the field of flood protection.
• Technical flood protection measures.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 20|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Kamila Hlavčová, PhD. (instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english |
prof. Ing. Silvia Kohnová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||16. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Silvia Kohnová, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.