Informačný list ECTS Sylabus
Sylabus předmětu I1-RTM - River and Wetlands Restoration (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-RTM|
|Course unit title:||River and Wetlands Restoration|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During the semester project shall be submitted that is rated. The final grade is generated with the following weights: 20% - project, 80% - exam.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students will acquire theoretical knowledge of river processes in stream-channels and their impact on morphological development of the channel. The principles of proposing the parameters of the river regulations and the river restorations with respect to the river function in the landscape and the ecosystem quality are dealt with in the subject.
The second part of the subject is aimed at the ecological aspects of the river training and the strategy of improving the quality of the Slovak streams. Theoretical knowledge will be applied during the proposal of the river regulation with the support of the computing technique.
|• Purpose and tools of river regulations.
• Activity and evolution of natural stream channels.
• Principles for complex solution of river training.
• Technical works in river regulations with the emphasis on sustaining natural aquatic habitats.
• Ecological aspects of the stream restoration.
• Evaluation of the habitat quality of the aquatic part of the stream via bioindication.
• Acquiring and processing the input data for the river restoration.
• Impact of river regulation on ecological and morphological stabilities of the environment.
• Maintenance of the aquatic and terrestrial biotopes.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 99|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Peter Ivan, PhD. (instructor) - slovak|
prof. Ing. Viliam Macura, PhD. (examiner, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak
doc. Ing. Andrej Škrinár, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak
|Last modification:||16. 4. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Viliam Macura, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.