Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D1-ADM - Algorithms of discrete mathematics (FCE - 2018/2019 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit title:||Algorithms of discrete mathematics|
|Course unit code:||D1-ADM|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam-PhD (5 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||prof. RNDr. Martin Knor, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english |
prof. RNDr. Jozef Širáň, DrSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students will learn the algorithms of discrete mathematics and they will be able to recognize the difficulty of practical tasks.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|- Algorithms and complexity, Integer Knapsack problem and input data representation.
- Data input for graphs, depth – first and breadth – first search. Spanning trees and cycles in graphs.
- Identification of blocks in graphs, planarity testing.
- Extremal problems in graph theory and their algorithmic complexity.
- A fast algorithm for finding a maximum flow in a network .
- Maximal spanning tree problems and matroids. Matching in graphs and intersections of matroids.
- NP-completenes and polynomiality.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||Type: seminar
Scope and method: 0/2 - full method, 26 hours per semester.
|Assesment methods and criteria:||exam|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 08/31/2015.