Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D1-NADR - Numerical analysis of differential equations (FCE - 2018/2019 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||D1-NADR|
|Course unit title:||Numerical analysis of differential equations|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam-PhD (5 credits)|
|- Functional spaces Wk,p(Ω).
- Trace theorem from W1,2(Ω) into L2(Ω) and its generalization.
- Embedding theorems.
- The estimation of errors for the numerical solution of elliptic equations obtained by the finite element method.
- Lax - Milgram theorem and Cea lema.
- The finite volume method for solving an elliptic boundary value problem with homogeneous
Dirichlet boundary conditions, the discrete Poincare inequality.
- Rothe method for the heat equation, stability estimates, Gronwall's lemma, Arzela -Ascoli theorem and the convergence of Rothe's method.
- The basic idea of discretization of Perona-Malik equation by the finite volume method and proof of convergence of numerical solutions to the weak solution.
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 10/31/2017.