Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-M2_C - Mathematics 2 (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit title:||Mathematics 2|
|Course unit code:||B1-M2_C|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (5 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||doc. RNDr. Jana Šiagiová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Semester is divided into three parts. In the first part, students will gain knowledge of integral calculus of functions of one variable, including geometric applications. In the second one, students obtain knowledge of solving the first order differential equations and linear differential equations of higher order. In the third part of the semester, students will gain knowledge of differential calculus of functions of several variables.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|- The concept of primitive function, integration by substitution and by parts, partial fractions.
- Definite integral and geometric applications of the definite integral. Calculation of integrals using Taylor series expansion.
- Separable differential equations and first order linear differential equations.
- Linear differential equations of second and higher orders. Solution of differential equations using Taylor series expansion.
- The concept of the region in two-dimensional space, continuity of functions
- Partial derivatives, differentiability, directional derivative, gradient
- Local and global extrema, saddle points.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||Lecture, lesson
3/3 - 78 hours per semester (on-site method)
|Assesment methods and criteria:||exam|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.