Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-PKP - Fluid dynamics (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit title:||Fluid dynamics|
|Course unit code:||B1-PKP|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (4 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||doc. RNDr. Peter Frolkovič, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english |
Ing. Marek Macák, PhD. (instructor)
prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student will gain knowledge on equations describing the flow of liquids and gases, their relation to physical conservation laws and to some real engineering applications. Student will understand the basic equations like the advection equation, continuity equation, equations of fluid motion, heat transfer equation, and equations of shallow water flow with free boundary.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||passed Numerical solutions of differential equations|
|- Eulerian and Lagrangian coordinates for describing of motion. Advection equation.
- Ryenold's transport equation, incompressible flow, flux.
- Mass conservation law, continuity equation.
- Decomposition of motion to translation, deformation and rotation.
- Momentum conservation law. Euler equations of motion. Bernoulli's equation.
- Strain tensor. Navier-Stokes equations of motion.
- Theory of similarity, Reynold's number, turbulence.
- Energy conservation law.
- Potential flows. Shallow water flow with free boundary.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||Lectures and seminars. Scope and form: 2/2 - attendance, 48 hours per semester.|
|Assesment methods and criteria:||exam|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.