Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-DFMA - History and philosophy of mathematics (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit title:||History and philosophy of mathematics|
|Course unit code:||B1-DFMA|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Classified fulfillment of requirements (2 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||prof. RNDr. Radko Mesiar, DrSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english |
RNDr. Ľubica Staneková, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The subject brings a wide overview of the history and philosophy of mathematics and informatics, of the main stages in their development, and of the most influencial personalities in these areas.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|- The mathematic in deep history and in ancient Greece, from Pythagoras to Euclid.
- the european middle age and renaissance in mathematics.
- number systems, real numbers, complex numbers, quaternions.
- limits and infinitely small quantities; Newton, Leibniz; infinity in mathematics.
- history and basics of coding.
- development of the set theory and of logic.
- mathematics and the other domains (sciences, informatics, arts).
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||lecture, exercise
2/2 hours per week, 52 hours per semester
|Assesment methods and criteria:||graded credit|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.