Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-DFMA - History and philosophy of mathematics (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-DFMA|
|Course unit title:||History and philosophy of mathematics|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Classified fulfillment of requirements (2 credits)|
|- The mathematic in deep history and in ancient Greece, from Pythagoras to Euclid.
- the european middle age and renaissance in mathematics.
- number systems, real numbers, complex numbers, quaternions.
- limits and infinitely small quantities; Newton, Leibniz; infinity in mathematics.
- history and basics of coding.
- development of the set theory and of logic.
- mathematics and the other domains (sciences, informatics, arts).
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.