Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-PALG - Parallel programming (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit title:||Parallel programming|
|Course unit code:||I1-PALG|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (5 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||Ing. Róbert Čunderlík, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english |
prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. (person responsible for course)
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student will gain knowledge in parallel algorithms development in MPI (Message-Passing Interface) and OpenMP (Open Multi-Processing) frameworks, programming on graphics cards (CUDA, OpenCL) and their implementations on modern parallel computer architectures.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|- Type of parallel computer architectures (multiprocessor architectures, systems with shared and ditributed memory).
- The algorithm development for high-performance prallel computing systems (models of parallel algorithms, their classification and computational complexity).
- Algorithms of numerical mathematics (linear algebra, solution of partial differential equations) and their implementation on modern parallel computer architectures.
- Implicit usage of threads - OpenMP.
- Programming on systems with distributed memory - MPI.
- Programming on multicore graphic card processors - CUDA, OpenCL.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||lecture 2 hours weekly / 26 hours per semester of study (on-site method)
seminar 2 hour weekly / 26 hours per semester of study (on-site method)
|Assesment methods and criteria:||exam|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.