Informačný list ECTS Sylabus
Sylabus předmětu B1-ZKM - Basic kvantitative methods (FCE - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-ZKM|
|Course unit title:||Basic kvantitative methods|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (6 credits)|
|• Population and sample. Discrete and continuous randpm variables.
• Summary statistics, estimators and confidence intervals of parameters of population (average, mode, median, standard deviation, confidence intervals...)
• Graphical visualisation of samples, histogram, box-plot ...
• Random variable, continuous and discrete distributions of random variables.
• Probability functions, empirical and theoretical cumulative distribution functions, basic types of probability functions used in landscape engineering.
• Estimators of momenta and basic methods of fitting of probability functions. Crteria of quality of fitting including graphical methods.
• Introduction into hypotesis testing. Structure of hypothesis testing. Examples of tests: t-test, chi^2-test.
• Correlation and regression analysis. Assumptions (normality, independence, linearity, homoscedascity...) a diagnozis of linear regression (r, R-square adjusted and normalized, RMSE, MAE, AIC etc.). Outliers, influential observation
• Algorithms for the choice of variables in multivariable linear regression (stepwise regression, lasso)
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 04/16/2019.