Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus 53441_D - Interdisciplinary Aspects in Urban Planning (FAD - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
Course unit title:
|Interdisciplinary Aspects in Urban Planning|
|Course unit code:|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Fulfillment of requirements (5 credits), classified credit-PhD (5 credits)|
Name of lecturer:
|prof. Ing. arch. Bohumil Kováč, PhD. (examiner, person responsible for course) - slovak|
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
|In response to the practical and theoretical skills in urban planning and design, the course is aimed to explain interdisciplinary nature of urban planning as well as the share of particular components in the process of elaboration of land-use plan.
Attention is also paid to issues of social participation in urban planning.
Prerequisites and co-requisites:
|From the conception to the plan.
The plan, as the agreement on the use of the territory.
The objectives of the use of the territory of the town.
|Recommended or required reading:|
Planned learning activities and teaching methods:
|- Natural framework and limits of urban development
- Socio-economic background of urban design and planning
- Transport in urban planning, trends
- Infrastructure as determinant in urban planning, trends
- Systems of ecological stability, landscape planning and its links to land-use planning
- Trends in urban design and planing, special issues of water retention in urban areas, energy self-sufficient concepts (solar urban design, wind usage)
- Urban planning and policy - participation of the population
- Legal framework of planning, relationship to building permits
|Assesment methods and criteria:|
Language of instruction:
There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.
Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 08/22/2019.