Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D-PS1-TE - Specialization in Electromagnetic Field Theory I (FEEIT - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit title:||Specialization in Electromagnetic Field Theory I|
|Course unit code:||D-PS1-TE|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam-PhD (10 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||doc. Ing. Rastislav Dosoudil, PhD. (examiner) - slovak, english |
doc. Ing. Vladimír Jančárik, PhD. (examiner) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Jozef Jasenek, PhD. (examiner) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Elemír Ušák, PhD. (examiner, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills and adopt the latest scientific findings from the selected area within the field of study Theory of Electrical Engineering, which includes an open scientific issue that is the subject of a thesis.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|- Atomic magnetism, the magnetic moment of the electron in the single-electron atom, the magnetic model of multi-electron atom.
- Classification of substances according to magnetic properties. Substances without a magnetic structure, with disordered structure, diamagnetism, paramagnetism
- Substances with organized structure, ferromagnetism, antiferromagnetism, ferrimagnetism.
- Magnetic anisotropy and its classification. Magnetocrystalline anisotropy, energy of magnetocrystalline anisotropy. Magnetostriction (Joule effect) and Magnetoelastic (Vilari's) phenomenon.
- Domain structure of ferromagnets. Types of energy in ferromagnets and their association with the creation of a domain structure. reasons for cretion of domains, selection rules, analysis of basic types of domain structure. Domain walls, their geometry, calculation of domain wall thickness, special types of domains. Methods of Observation of magnetic domains.
- Magnetisation processes. The basic categorisation of the magnetisation processes and its relationship with the doménovou štruktúrou. The mechanism of magnetisation (formation of magnetic reversal nuclei), reasons for magnetic hysteresis.
- Basic principles of the measurement of magnetic properties of massive samples.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||seminars|
|Assesment methods and criteria:||final exam (written/oral)|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 07/12/2019.