|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit title:||Enviromental Management|
|Course unit code:||270668_IDP|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (4 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||prof. Ing. Marcela Pokusová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student aquires knowledge of Sustainable development strategy of European Union for environment and EU policies for waste management. He/she understands environmental management systems by international standards ISO family 14000 and their relation to quality management systems. He/she can apply basic principles of environmental impact assessment and the product life cycle assessment (LCA). Student aquires knowledge of waste management - legal framework, regulation tools, ways of waste management.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|1. Sustainable development strategy of European Union - approach to environment and waste management. Strategy and policies of European Union for waste management.
2. Systems and standards of environmental management (ISO 14000).
3. Environmental impact assessment.
4. Product life cycle assessment.
5. Extended producer resposibility. Ecodesign.
6. Environment policy of SR. Waste management in SR - strategic documents.
7. Waste management in SR - legal framework.
8. Control tools in waste management - economic, regulative, others, tools mix.
9. Waste prevention, preparing for re-use and waste recovery.
10. Waste disposal.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||lectures, seminars|
|Assesment methods and criteria:||Lectures, seminar, drawing up project, exam|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|