|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit title:||Design and Operation of Manufacturing Systems|
|Course unit code:||270661_IDP|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (5 credits)|
|Name of lecturer:||doc. Ing. Marián Králik, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The graduate person of the subject knows production systems design. He receives some information about manufacturing systems, material handling equipment, kinematic structure of industrial robots, sensors, grippers for IR, group technology, automatic inspection systems for quality control, montage systems and layout of manufacturing systems.|
|Prerequisites and co-requisites:||none|
|Automated manufacturing systems as systems, structures.
• Classification of manufacturing systems, product ‐ quantity analysis, computer integrated manufacturing (CIM), systems PLM, classification of the parts.
• Group technology, production flow analysis (PFA).
• Methods of layout of manufacturing systems.
Manipulation in flexible manufacturing systems (FMS).
• Classification of robots, structural configuration of the robots, systems of control of flexible manufacturing cells, sensors, effectors and grippers for industrial robots.
• Material transport and storage systems in manufacturing systems, material transport equipment, storage systems, pallet changers on CNC machining centers, control of transport systems in FMS.
Systems of quality control in FMS, measurement of geometrical parameters of parts, coordinate measuring machines,
• Montage in production, types of montage systems, layout of montage cells.
• Systems of control in FMS, simulation of the control with Petri nets, just in time.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods:||lectures and exercises|
|Assesment methods and criteria:||Exam, consisting of written and oral part is rated a maximum of 30 points. On successful completion of the exam should be obtained at least 18 points. Students will get credits for the subject if they successfully complete the written tests and exam. Evaluation is done as follows: A 46-50 points B 41-45 points C 37-40 points 32-36 points D, E 31-28 points.|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Work placement(s):||There is no compulsory work placement in the course unit.|