Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus KKMS01_6I - Composites, Ceramic Materials and Glasses (MTF - SS 2020/2021)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Materials Science and Technology in Trnava|
|Course unit code:||KKMS01_6I|
|Course unit title:||Composites, Ceramic Materials and Glasses|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (5 credits)|
|Lessons on the following topics:
1. Characterization of the advanced ceramic materials and composites and glasses.
2. Technology of the preparation and production of the advance ceramic materials and composites, powder preparation, forming, sintering, advanced technologies of densification of ceramic materials.
3 Preparation and technology of glasses depending on the required composition and properties.
4. Microstructure characterization of the advance ceramic materials, composites and glasses and the corresponding observation and evaluation methods.
5. Physical, mechanical and other properties of ceramic materials, composites and glasses.
6. Applications and different types of ceramic materials, composites and glasses.
7. Ceramic coatings - preparation methods, properties and applications.
Practical excercises focused on:
1. Microstructure characterization of ceramic materials, composites, coatings and glasses.
2. Measurement of physical and mechanical properties of ceramic materials, composites, coatings and glasses.
Last modification made by Ing. Erika Kuracinová on 08/15/2019.