Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I-PS2 - Computer networks 2 (FEEIT - SS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||I-PS2|
|Course unit title:||Computer networks 2|
|Mode of completion and Number of ECTS credits:||Exam (6 credits)|
|1. Introduction to wireless ad hoc networks.
2. Introduction to performance evaluation. Capacity of ad hoc networks: d2-matching, computational complexity of d2-matching.
3. MAC protocols: IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.15.4, CSMA, MACA.
4. Routing protocols: DSDV, DSR, AODV, DYMO, TORA, location-aware routing.
5. IPv4, IPv6. Impact of TCP and UDP on performance of ad hoc networks.
6. Movement models.
7. Simulators for ad hoc networks: ns2, ns3, JiST/SWANS, OMNeT++.
8. Introduction to sensor networks. Routing protocols for sensor networks. Operating systems for sensor networks.
9. Energy efficient protocols for ad hoc and sensor networks.
10. Protocol interactions and their impact on performance of ad hoc networks.
11. Topology control, data fusion, delay-tolerant ad hoc networks.
12. Ad hoc network security.
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 05/09/2019.