Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus PRGJ06_6B - Programming Languages (MTF - SS 2011/2012)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Materials Science and Technology in Trnava|
|Course unit code:||PRGJ06_6B|
|Course unit title:||Programming Languages|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Informatics and Automation in Industry - bachelor (compulsory), 2. semester|
Applied Informatics and Automation in Industry - bachelor (compulsory), 2. semester
|Level of study:||-- item not defined --|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Activity in the exercises, problem solving independence, a midterm quiz or assignment.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The goal is to teach students how to convert a real tasks to an abstract layer, to create a solution algorithm and write it in C++ language. It starts with basic syntax and data types, followed by control structures for branching and cycles, processing arrays, program modularity, data structures and work with them. The second half of the semester is devoted to object-oriented programming. The aim is also to familiarize the student with "programmer's culture".|
|1. Algorithm, program, history of c + +, the first program.
2. Program structure, simple functions, data types, variables and constants.
3. Expressions and commands, operators, branching and cycles.
4. Function, declaration, definition, value parameter passing, recursion.
5. Arrays, strings, pointers and references, parameter passing by pointer and reference.
6. Object-oriented programming basics.
7. Pointers and references in the OOP, new and delete.
8. Working with streams, details of cout and cin, working with files.
9. Detail on methods and overloading.
11. Dynamic data structures - linear list (queue, stack, list), tree.
12. Modular programming, preprocessor directives.
13. Namespace, exceptions and error treatment.
14. Programmer's culture, maintainable source code, common errors.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||-- item not defined --|
|Assessed students in total: 1190|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Michal Eliáš, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak|
Ing. Taťána Ličková (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
Ing. Jozef Németh (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
prof. Ing. Veronika Stoffová, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
Ing. Štefan Svetský, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak
prof. Ing. Pavel Važan, PhD. (person responsible for course) - slovak
|Last modification:||17. 9. 2012|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Pavel Važan, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Mgr. Alena Kopčanová on 09/17/2012.