Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D1-ADM - Algorithms of discrete mathematics (FCE - 2018/2019 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||D1-ADM|
|Course unit title:||Algorithms of discrete mathematics|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Mathematics - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year|
Applied Mathematics (in english language) - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year
|Level of study:||3.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|semestral test, exam|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students will learn the algorithms of discrete mathematics and they will be able to recognize the difficulty of practical tasks.|
|- Algorithms and complexity, Integer Knapsack problem and input data representation.
- Data input for graphs, depth – first and breadth – first search. Spanning trees and cycles in graphs.
- Identification of blocks in graphs, planarity testing.
- Extremal problems in graph theory and their algorithmic complexity.
- A fast algorithm for finding a maximum flow in a network .
- Maximal spanning tree problems and matroids. Matching in graphs and intersections of matroids.
- NP-completenes and polynomiality.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak and english or english|
|Assessed students in total: 4|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. RNDr. Martin Knor, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english |
prof. RNDr. Jozef Širáň, DrSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||31. 8. 2015|
|Supervisor:||prof. RNDr. Jozef Širáň, DrSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 08/31/2015.