Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-BPR - Concrete Members (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-BPR|
|Course unit title:||Concrete Members|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resources Management - bachelor (compulsory), 4. semester|
Structural and Transportation Engineering - bachelor (compulsory), 4. semester
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|work-in-progress check-up and written tests during semester 10 x|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Physical properties of concrete, masonry and steel reinforcement. Classification of actions, characteristic and design values of actions. Basic information about common structural design rules for everyday use for the design of whole concrete structures and components. The principles and requirements for the safety, serviceability and durability of concrete structures, the basis of their design and verification. Rheology, conditions for the design model and actions on concrete members and simple structures. Design of reinforced concrete beam under flexure and shear force and columns subjected to combination of normal force and bending moment. Students get informatively acquainted with Serviceability Limit States and design of masonry members.|
|- Physical and mechanical characteristics of concrete, steel reinforcement and masonry.
- Structural analysis. Design model. Design process. Division of Ultimate Limit States. State of stresses I., II. and III. Axial and bending stiffness.
- Actions on structures. Categories of design situations. Combination of actions. Spread of actions on load bearing members.
- Design methods for concrete members. Safety Limit states. Flexure, shear and torsion strains in rectangular and T beams. Columns under combination of bending moment and axial load.
- Serviceability Limit States. Stress limitation, crack and deflection control. Detailing of reinforcement in beams, slabs and columns.
- Masonry members. Strength and deformation properties of masonry units and mortars. design of masonry members
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 309|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Ľudovít Fillo, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor)|
Ing. Aleksandar Vidakovič (examiner, instructor, tutor)
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Ľudovít Fillo, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.