Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-M2_C - Mathematics 2 (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-M2_C|
|Course unit title:||Mathematics 2|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Civil Engineering - bachelor (compulsory), 2. semester|
Civil Engineering (in english language) - bachelor (compulsory), 2. semester
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Passing two semestral tests.|
Final written test, obtaining at least 56% of points.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Semester is divided into three parts. In the first part, students will gain knowledge of integral calculus of functions of one variable, including geometric applications. In the second one, students obtain knowledge of solving the first order differential equations and linear differential equations of higher order. In the third part of the semester, students will gain knowledge of differential calculus of functions of several variables.|
|- The concept of primitive function, integration by substitution and by parts, partial fractions.
- Definite integral and geometric applications of the definite integral. Calculation of integrals using Taylor series expansion.
- Separable differential equations and first order linear differential equations.
- Linear differential equations of second and higher orders. Solution of differential equations using Taylor series expansion.
- The concept of the region in two-dimensional space, continuity of functions
- Partial derivatives, differentiability, directional derivative, gradient
- Local and global extrema, saddle points.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||english or english and slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 36|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. RNDr. Jana Šiagiová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. RNDr. Jana Šiagiová, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.