Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-PALG - Parallel programming (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-PALG|
|Course unit title:||Parallel programming|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Mathematical and Computational Modeling - master (compulsory), 2. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Correctly elaborated all given tasks.|
56 points on exam achieved.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student will gain knowledge in parallel algorithms development in MPI (Message-Passing Interface) and OpenMP (Open Multi-Processing) frameworks, programming on graphics cards (CUDA, OpenCL) and their implementations on modern parallel computer architectures.|
|- Type of parallel computer architectures (multiprocessor architectures, systems with shared and ditributed memory).
- The algorithm development for high-performance prallel computing systems (models of parallel algorithms, their classification and computational complexity).
- Algorithms of numerical mathematics (linear algebra, solution of partial differential equations) and their implementation on modern parallel computer architectures.
- Implicit usage of threads - OpenMP.
- Programming on systems with distributed memory - MPI.
- Programming on multicore graphic card processors - CUDA, OpenCL.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 34|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Róbert Čunderlík, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english |
prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. (person responsible for course)
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. RNDr. Karol Mikula, DrSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.