Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-SWWT_C - Sewarage and Waste Water Treatment (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-SWWT_C|
|Course unit title:||Sewarage and Waste Water Treatment|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Civil Engineering - bachelor (compulsory), 6. semester|
Civil Engineering (in english language) - bachelor (compulsory), 6. semester
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Evaluation of assigned tasks, final test and oral exam.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
The ability of decision making and objective evaluation of data needed for concept design of urban sewer systems.
overview of materials and construction designs used on various sewer system objects
The ability to design and evaluate projects in line with modern engineering techniques:
- sewer systems and draining of sewage and rain water
- waste water treatment and sludge processing
|- Data required for sewer design, sewer system design concept, picking the most suitable system , designing sewer systems.
- Methods for evaluating design flows of wastewater and rainwater from surface runoff, Design and assessment of profiles and dimensions of objects in sewer systems, sewer pipe materials and construction of objects in sewer systems.
- Design of optimal technological concept of waste water treatment plants.
- Design and assessment of objects for waste water and sludge treatment line.
- Material and construction schemes of waste water treatment plant objects
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||english or english and slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 23|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Michal Holubec, PhD. (instructor) - slovak, english |
Ing. Jaroslav Hrudka, PhD. (instructor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Štefan Stanko, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Štefan Stanko, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.