Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-SVHK_V - Hydraulic and Water Management Structures (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-SVHK_V|
|Course unit title:||Hydraulic and Water Management Structures|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resources Management - bachelor (compulsory), 6. semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|All assignments have to be correct processed.|
Obtaining at least 56% on the test.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students will acquire knowledge about hydroamelioration structures, about their evaluation in terms of protection of environment. Students understand to the design and principles of drainage and irrigation structures and obtain knowledge about the documents which are necessary for their design. Students will obtain an overview about the drainage devices and method of the irrigation and objects which are necessary for the performance of their functions. Students will obtain practical experience in the design and construction design of hydromelioraiton.|
|- Meaning of hydroamelioration structures and their impact on the design of soil water regime, documents for the design, evaluation of the enviromental protection.
- Causes and types of the waterlogging. Runoff from the catchment (surface and underground run-off). Analysis of water flow in drainage.
- Major drainage facilities, protection against strangers waters, ways of dealing with waste, drainage pumping stations.
- Detailed drainage facilities - surface, underground. Special types of drainage.
- Water requiring plants*. Water resources for irrigation, quality and abstraction of water for irrigation.
- Specification of basic dimensioning variables which are needed for irrigation water, distribution of water, technical solution and hydraulic design of irrigation networks.
- Types and methods of the irrigation network. Special irrigation cultures. Progressive methods of irrigation, irrigation pumping stations.
- Implementation, operation, maintenance and reconstruction of drainage and irrigation facilities.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 62|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Zbyněk Bajtek, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak|
prof. Ing. Milan Čistý, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Milan Čistý, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.