Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-VHPRZ - Industrial Water Management (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-VHPRZ|
|Course unit title:||Industrial Water Management|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resources Management - master (semi-compulsory), 4. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Assessment of elaborated given tasks and of final test.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students will become familiar with basic legislative regulations for water management and obtain knowledge of the technical solutions of water management of industrial plants. They will become familiar with the technology for water and waste water treatment, technical specifications concerning water supply, sewage systems and waste water treatment plants, as well as methods and procedures of the economic management of water in industry.|
|- Water management in industry. Basic legislative regulations, basic concepts.
- Water supply, water types, quantity and quality. Water supply systems.
- Inspection of water and sewerage installations, non-destructive methods for control of materials (pipes, tanks, reservoirs, etc.) and control of leakage of water or any other fluid.
- Water treatment for Industry
- Cooling water. Water treatment for boilers
- Sewerage in industry. Quantity and kinds of polluted and wastewater.
- Industrial waste water treatment
- Special facilities for sewage systems
- Equalization of quantity and quality of waste water
- Sankey's diagram
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 36|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Štefan Stanko, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak|
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Štefan Stanko, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.