Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I-EPS - Electromagnetic Devices and Systems (FEEIT - WS 2016/2017)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||I-EPS|
|Course unit title:||Electromagnetic Devices and Systems|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Electrical Engineering - master (semi-compulsory), 3. semester|
|Level of study:||1. + 2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Active taking part at all planed laboratory exercises (max 10 points) and working out the individual project assignment (max 30 points).|
Student must get at least 20 points in total to attend the final examination.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student gets a knowledge about interaction of the electromagnetic field with various structures and its application in the sensors of electrical and non-electrical quantities and actuators. Student will be familiar with the principle of various sensors and methods of primary signal acquiring and processing.|
|• Electromagnetic fields in various structures, and its interaction with materials.
• Phenomenological parameters describing the propagation of electromagnetic wave in materials.
• Tensometric sensors - principles and application in measurement of mechanical quantities - velocity, acceleration, deformation. Piesoelectric sensors.
• Capacitive sensors - basic arrangement, parasitic influences, application.
• Inductive sensors - principle, arrangement, application.
• Magnetic, inductive and electromagnetic sensors.
• Actuators - forces in electromagnetic field, electrosctrictive and magnetostrictive converters.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 9|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Jozefa Červeňová, PhD. (instructor) - slovak, english |
doc. Ing. Vladimír Jančárik, PhD. (lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
Ing. Martin Šoka, PhD. (instructor) - slovak, english
Ing. Marián Štofka, CSc. (instructor) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||25. 4. 2016|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Vladimír Jančárik, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 04/25/2016.