Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus 1_RMF_D - Small Business Management (FA - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Architecture|
|Course unit code:||1_RMF_D|
|Course unit title:||Small Business Management|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Design - bachelor (compulsory), 8. semester|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During the semester are consulted:|
- 3 elaborated essays by entering comprised lectures on the topic - awards presenters responses
by students at the content of the course;
- Activity during lectures - communication to the challenges of the lecturer;
- Participation in at least 10 lectures.
Submitted essays and activity during the discussions is a condition for passing the exam.
Make up 40% of the evaluation object.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|To inform students on how to prepare a business plan, how to set up and run one’s own small business. To
introduce management resources, personnel and financial management (budgeting and revenue planning),
transformation chain management to students, and to introduce fundamental business and functional strategies to them in order to fulfill company objectives and missions. To assist students in decision making regarding their future businesses and career plans. To explain the legal aspects and chronological order of steps of a business start-up.
|• preparing for a business start-up;
• business plan;
• overview and management of 5 fundamental management resources;
• management and review of company’s performance;
• personnel and financial management, pricing;
• company, its organizational culture and structure;
• strategies of efficiency and development of company;
• personal traits needed for running a company;
• legislation and chronological steps to be taken when starting up a business;
• personality requirements for control and management of the company - the director or leader;
• basic corporate, business and functional strategies;
• possibilities for small business, legal and chronological steps in setting up a company;
• repetition and systematization of subject content.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 104|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Branislav Jelenčík, ArtD. (examiner, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak|
prof. akad. soch. Peter Paliatka (lecturer) - slovak
|Last modification:||15. 5. 2018|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Branislav Jelenčík, ArtD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 05/15/2018.