Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus 1_URB2_AU - Town-Planning II (FA - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Architecture|
|Course unit code:||1_URB2_AU|
|Course unit title:||Town-Planning II|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Architecture and Urban Design - bachelor (compulsory), 6. semester|
Architecture and Urban Design (study in English) - bachelor (compulsory), 6. semester
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||passed Urban Typology I (1_URB1_AU)|
|The interim evaluation is based on a semester work. Student works out the semester work within ten A3 formats and actively attends twelve regular exercises with consultation according to the timetable. Every part of the semester work is evaluated separately. Evaluation of the semester work represents 40% of the final grade; the remaining 60% is represented by the exam.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The aim of the course is to clarify the basic principles of the spatial structure of the settlements, with regard to their historical, as well as future development. The course deals with the topic of the functional-operational and mass-spatial structure of cities and rural settlements. The principles of urbanity and identity are clarified. The course deals with the influence of various determinants and aspects of development, as well as with the changes and prospects of urban structures.
Exercise represents an analytical semester work focused on a particularly selected settlement where the theoretical knowledge from lectures is verified. The student evaluates the overall development of the settlement and summarizes the limits, problems and potentials for further development of its urban structure.
|The course provides a theoretical explanation of the basic issues of creation and conception of settlements as urban environments of cities and rural settlements. It clarifies the basic principles of the structure of the settlements in terms of their developmental nature, transformations and development assumptions. The specific topic is the urban composition of the settlements. The course clarifies the principles of urbanity and settlement identity. It deals with the influence of various effects and determinatives on the development of urban structures. The relation between the mass-spatial and functional-operational structure of the city is explained. The course puts emphasis on creating city images and the importance of the perception of exterior and interior images of the settlement.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 552|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. arch. Ivana Bradová (examiner, instructor)|
Ing. arch. Miloš Diežka (examiner, instructor)
Ing. arch. Karol Görner, PhD. (examiner, instructor)
Ing. arch. Viktor Kasala (examiner, instructor)
prof. Ing. arch. Bohumil Kováč, PhD. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. arch. Alžbeta Sopirová, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak
|Last modification:||15. 5. 2018|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. arch. Alžbeta Sopirová, CSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Róbert Tichý on 05/15/2018.