Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D1-BSK - Safety and reliability of the structures (FCE - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||D1-BSK|
|Course unit title:||Safety and reliability of the structures|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Mechanics - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year|
|Level of study:||3.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|control of the exercise and the current tests|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student obtains the basic knowledge of the theory of the safety and reliability of the structures and the method to solve it. He gains the experience of the structural failure due to extreme loading. He will absorb the calculation models and the simulation methods of the structures due to the extreme impact of the environment and the human being. He becomes familiar with the methods of computer-aided solution of the simulations of the structural behavior and the evaluation of the environment effects to the structures.|
|• Introduction to the theory of the safety and reliability of the technology systems and the structures. Methodology of the verification of the structural reliability. The risk analysis and the risk assessment. The behavior of the structures during the extreme loads (accident, explosion, fire,...). The presentation of the real collapse of the structures in the word.
• The simulation of the structural failure due to the extreme loads -- explosion, impact and seismicity. The failure criteria of the reinforced concrete and steel structures due to monotone, cyclic and dynamic loads. The progressive collapse mechanism of the structures. The pushover analysis of the frame collapse.
• The probabilistic assessment of the safety and reliability of the structures. The statistic characteristics of the material and the load. The load combination.
• The modeling of the structures from the point of view the reliability -- load modeling, material properties, geometric characteristics of the structures. The failure function, the reserve and the reliability index. The simple reliability methods (FORM, SORM). The simulation reliability methods (Monte Carlo, LHS, RMS,.. ) -- stochastic models , sensitivity analysis.
• The base of the stochastic finite elements, the problem definition and the solution methods. The simulation methods of the 3hd level. The base of the theory "Performance design".
• The application of the simulation methods to solution of the practical problems of the structural mechanics. The solution of the structural reliability in the programs MathCAD, AntHILL, FReET and ANSYS.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak and english or english|
|Assessed students in total: 1|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Juraj Králik, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||31. 10. 2017|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Juraj Králik, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 10/31/2017.