Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D1-NMMK - Numerical methods in the structural mechanics (FCE - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||D1-NMMK|
|Course unit title:||Numerical methods in the structural mechanics|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Applied Mechanics - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year|
|Level of study:||3.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students gains the basic knowledge of the modeling and calculation methods of the member, panel, plate, shell and space structures using FEM, INFEM and FSM.
They will become familiar with the approximation and meshing process as well the accuracy of the structural analysis. They gain the experience from the modeling and the structural analysis on the computer. They acquire the experiences from the linear and nonlinear simulations of the structures behavior on the computer using ANSYS software system.
|• Introduction to the variation methods in the structural mechanics. Displacement, force and hybrid variation principle. of the modeling the structures. The problems of the accuracy and convergence of the solution. Boundary conditions.
• Approximation and meshing in FEM and criterion of the convergence. Numerical integration. Solution of structures under effect of the forces, temperatures, creep and shrinkage deformations. Algorithm of FEM.
• The Cartesian and isoparametric elements. Modified elements. Application on the panel, plate, shell and space structures. Approximation and mapping functions for the plane and space infinite elements. The principle of the strip method element .
• Method of the submodeling and substructures. The method of the automatic meshing of the areas and the boolon operations. Energy error and accuracy. Isoparametric and hierarchistic elements. Meshing and approximation of the elements of h, p and hp type and control of the convergence. Method of the adaptive meshing and optimization methods of meshing of the structures and systems.
• Optimization tasks and the expert systems in FEM.
• Geometric a material nonlinearity. Mechanical models of the elasto-plastic and elasto-viscoplastic materials. Incremental principle of the solution of the material nonlinearity. Newton - Raphson iteration. Acceleration of the convergence of the nonlinear tasks. Explicit and implicit methods to solve the nonlinear tasks.
• Application to solve practical tasks and systems using MathCAD and ANSYS.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak and english or english|
|Assessed students in total: 2|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Juraj Králik, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||31. 10. 2017|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Juraj Králik, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 10/31/2017.