Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D1-PSM - Probability and mathematical statistics (FCE - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||D1-PSM|
|Course unit title:||Probability and mathematical statistics|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||3.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Correctly elaborated all assignments.|
Obtaining at least 56 points on the exam.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Students will achieve knowledge of the foundations of modern probability and statistics. They will understand the link between probability theory and statistics and they will learn to understand the basic concepts of mathematical statistics and the methods used. They will get an overview of basic probability distributions, different procedures to construct estimations and hypothesis tests.
|- Introduction to probability theory. Conditional probability and independence. Bayes' theorem
- Random variable, basic types of random variable distribution function, moments of random variable. Limit theorems.
- Random vector, joint probability distribution, marginal probability distribution. Moments
- Normal distribution random choice.
- Estimates of parameters, confidence intervals.
- Fundamentals of statistical hypothesis testing.
- Application of statistical methods to the series of real statistical data.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak and english or english|
|Assessed students in total: 4|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. RNDr. Jana Kalická, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||31. 10. 2017|
|Supervisor:||doc. RNDr. Jana Kalická, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 10/31/2017.