Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N425T4_4I - Technology of Perishable Plant Food (FCFT - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology|
|Course unit code:||N425T4_4I|
|Course unit title:||Technology of Perishable Plant Food|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Food, Hygiene, Cosmetics - master (semi-compulsory), 2. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During semester, students will pass trough 2 written tests, both rated for 20 point. For passing it is necessary to obtain 10 points at minimum. For successful oral exam it is necessary to reach 15 points at minimum, while maximum is 30 points. Rating is as follows: A 46-50 points, B 41-45 points, C 37-40 points, D 32-36 points, E 25-31 points.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The student will become familiar with raw materials` treatment to be applied in canning technology. The student will acquire a comprehensive linformation about the composition of vegetable canned foodds, their chemical, physical and organoleptic changes during technological processing. The student will acquire knowledge of the total production technology of each kind of fruit and vegetable products.
|1. Characterization of raw materials, chemical, physical and biochemical properties, the limiting factors.
2. Post-harvest processes for modifying the raw materials, transportation, storage, influencing the biochemical and microbiological storylines during storage.
3. Application of the principles of good manufacturing practice and determining control points in the production plant of perishable foods.
4. The preparatory and processing operations (cleaning, washing, sorting), preparation blanks.
5. The main technological operations (crushing, extraction, separation, concentration).
6. Packaging and storage of products.
7. Production of concentrates and purées.
8. Production of fruit spreads.
9. Production of sterilized products.
10. Production of frozen products.
11. Production of dried products.
12. Production of "sous vide" products.
13. Production of fermented products.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|The course „Technology of fruit and vegetable“ is given to students at II. level – 1st year study of program „Food, nutrition, cosmetics“|
|Assessed students in total: 15|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Gabriel Greif, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak|
prof. Ing. Peter Šimko, DrSc. (person responsible for course) - slovak
|Last modification:||19. 2. 2018|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Peter Šimko, DrSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 02/19/2018.