Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus BV1-VST - Hydraulic Structures (FCE - SS 2018/2019)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||BV1-VST|
|Course unit title:||Hydraulic Structures|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Final written test and oral exam.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Get an overview of :
- Basic parts and function of water supply system and sewer system.
- Geodetic bases needed for design and assessment of state and capacity of the water supply system, sewer system and their objects.
- Design of some main parts and objects of sanitary-technology constructions.
- Adaptations of water courses and relationship of engineering line construction – watercourses.
- Hydrotechnical constructions (weirs, dams, hydroelectric power plants, objects on waterways).
- Influence of hydrotechnics on environment.
|- Main parts, objects and function of water supply system.
- Water sources, water accumulation, water supply network, armatures and objects on the water supply network.
- Water treatment processes, basic objects of water treatment plant.
- Main parts, objects and function of sewer system.
- Sewer systems and objects, pipe material, construction of sewers.
- Wastewater treatment processes and objects.
- Natural development of water courses, adaptation of water courses.
- Line constructions and water courses.
- Baffle structures (weirs and dams).
- Usage of water energy, hydroelectric power plants.
- Waterways and objects (lock chambers and ports).
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 70|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Michal Holubec, PhD. (lecturer) - slovak|
Ing. Jaroslav Hrudka, PhD. (lecturer) - slovak
prof. Ing. Štefan Stanko, PhD. (examiner, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Štefan Stanko, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.