Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus 230723_DDP - Tribology - Theory and Practice (FME - 2018/2019 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Course unit code:||230723_DDP|
|Course unit title:||Tribology - Theory and Practice|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||-- item not defined --|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The subject deals with issues related to tribological and tribotechnical processes. The student acquire knowledge of the friction, wear and lubrication.|
|• Definition of tribology and its multidisciplinary nature. The structural and technological importance of tribology.
• System description and classification of tribological problems. Tribological processes.
• Analysis of contacts in the tribological system. The processes of friction, wear and damage. Tribological materials
• Lubrication. Definitions of lubrication and lubrication conditions. Classification of lubricants.
• Tribometry - testing, simulation and control methods for obtaining tribotechnical characteristics. Model and field tests.
• Ecology in tribology, organic materials and lubricants, coatings.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||-- item not defined --|
|Assessed students in total: 3|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Miroslav Bošanský, CSc. (person responsible for course) - slovak|
|Last modification:||15. 7. 2018|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Miroslav Bošanský, CSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Marianna Frajková on 07/15/2018.