Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D-PS1-TL - Subject of specialization Telecommunications I (FEEIT - 2018/2019 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||D-PS1-TL|
|Course unit title:||Subject of specialization Telecommunications I|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Telecommunications - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year|
Telecommunications - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year
|Level of study:||3.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During the semester the student produces an individual project on a selected topic from the content focus of the subject. Continuously evaluate partial results, a final assessment is made of the overall assessment by the individual project and an oral debate. |
Subject terminating the exam.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The goal is to provide students with profound and the latest scientific findings from the selected area in which the field of study, which includes an open scientific issue that is the subject of a thesis.|
1. Optical radiation (physical nature).
2. Optical waveguides, optical cables.
3. Active and passive components, transmission characteristics of the optical fiber.
4. Dispersion (medzimódová, material, and polarizing waveguide - mode dispersion).
1. How can increase the capacity of a standard CD system using the freedom in the choice of connecting bits that are inserted between codewords EFM code. Custom design transkontrolných codes based on linear block and convolutional codes.
2. Method of incorporation into translational properties turbokódov.
3. The issue of coding for two-dimensional channels with restrictions. Their capacity estimation method based on the use of fractals.
4. Konštrukcie non-binary weighting - summation codes over finite fields with moving faster than Reed Solomon codes have a problem calculating the weighted distribution of the codes of their application in hybrid ARQ stratégiách suitable for multicast communication mode.
1. Distributed interconnection. Systems architecture for distributed switching network.
2. Parallel linkage. Parallel linkage packet switched. Connecting networks with blocking, no blocking multicast network. Fasteners. Multistage switching fields.
3. Packet prioritization , memory organization , sorting and using queues.
4. Routing algorithms. Traffic routing in connection- oriented packet switched networks. Traffic shaping.
1. Principles of encryption, cryptographic systems, symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
2. Management of public and private keys.
3. Ensuring access.
4. User authentication and authorization data.
1. Methods of digital image processing - algorithms preprocessing, segmentation, morphology, interpolation, motion estimation, reconstruction, noise reduction for images.
1. Markov chains.
2. Process creation and termination.
3. Queuing theory.
4. Jackson and nejacksonove network.
5. Brownian motion and stationary processes.
1. Optical fibers, optical fiber parameters - attenuation and dispersion, types and characteristics of the various types of dispersion.
2. Adverse effects in the transmission of signals in optical fiber, types and characteristics of various nonlinear phenomena in optical fiber.
3. Measurement of transmission characteristics of optical optovodov.
1. Two-dimensional signals and systems, 2D DFT , 2D z- transform, 2D filtering.
2. Homomorphic signal processing and homomorphic filtering .
3. Orthogonal functions and their properties, continuous and discrete orthogonal transformation.
1. RM OSI in relation to the partnership network communications equipment.
2. IP telephony, services, software and hardware concept IP networks, architecture and protocols, operating environment modeling, optimization of traffic flows.
3. VoIP, VoIP concepts, the assessment of service quality.
4. VoIP, delays in the IP network and its impact on quality of service.
5. VoIP, H.323 and SIP.
6. Pogramming and technical concept of NGN networks, architecture and protocols, quality of service, operational environment modeling, optimization of traffic flows, converged technologies, network components.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Adviser determines the doctoral dissertation under the focus of one region (1-9) Curriculum Subject of specialization I for study and examination. Subject of specialization I provide educators determine IoT FEI STU.|
|Assessed students in total: 12|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Ivan Baroňák, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english |
prof. Ing. Peter Farkaš, DrSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
Ing. Juraj Kačur, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Martin Medvecký, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Miloš Orgoň, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Jarmila Pavlovičová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Pavol Podhradský, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Jaroslav Polec, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Rastislav Róka, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Gregor Rozinaj, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||30. 7. 2018|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Gregor Rozinaj, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 07/30/2018.