Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus D-PS2-TL - Subject of specialization Telecommunications II (FEEIT - 2018/2019 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology|
|Course unit code:||D-PS2-TL|
|Course unit title:||Subject of specialization Telecommunications II|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Telecommunications - doctoral (semi-compulsory), 1. year|
|Level of study:||3.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During the semester the student produces an individual project on a selected topic from the content focus of the subject. Continuously evaluate partial results, a final assessment is made of the overall assessment by the individual project and an oral debate. |
Subject terminating the exam.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The goal is to provide students with profound and the latest scientific findings from the selected area in which the field of study, which includes an open scientific issue that is the subject of a thesis.|
1. Sources of optical radiation, modulation of optical radiation.
2. Photodetectors, digital optical communication systems.
3. Optical communication free environment.
4. Multiplexers in optical communication systems ( WDM, TDM, SDM, CDM, etc. ).
5. New communication systems FDDI, SONET/ SDH.
1. Construction non-binary weighting - summation codes over finite fields with moving faster than Reed Solomon codes have a problem calculating the weighted distribution of the codes of their application in hybrid ARQ stratégiách suitable for multicast communication mode.
2. Soft decoding and turbo decoding block codes design grids, multidimensional codes multiples.
3. Error-correcting codes constructed over complex and real numbers and their decoding, a new perspective on OFDM.
4. Completely complementary orthogonal codes and MC CDMA technology for two-dimensional channels.
1. Management of distributed systems and networks.
2. Photonic switches with circuit switched. Photonic switches with packet switched. Photonic switches based waveguides, free - space photonic switches, photonic switches with spatial, time and wavelength division multiplexing. Hybrid photonic switches.
1. Electronic signature, information security.
2. Network security, security services and applications.
3. Norms, standards and technical specifications in the field of information security.
4. Risk management and security policy.
1. Engineering approaches to solving problems.
2. Methodology application of selected procedures in the field of signal processing - processing static and moving images.
1. Markov chains, process creation and termination.
2. Queuing theory. Jackson and nejacksonove network.
3. Brownian motion and stationary processes.
4. Applications in telecommunications: modeling the control network security modeling, synchronization, management, simulation.
1. Principles in optokomunikačných multiplexing systems.
2. Types and use of WDM systems. Optokomunikačné and digital systems and networks.
3. Advanced Communication Systems NG SONET / SDH, Carrier Ethernet, OTN / oth.
1. Adaptive filtering, fast algorithms for signal processing - filter banks.
2. Vector quantization, dynamic programming.
3. Markov models and their use for signal processing.
1. IMS - architecture, functional and technical concepts, services, security,governance.
2. IMS - 7 CCS, CCS cooperation within 7 IMS concepts, methods, evaluation of operating performance of CCS 7.
3. IPTV network design, the quality of service provided.
4. Telecommunications management network - TMN; concept interfaces and capabilities of the telecommunications networks, integrated network management.
5. Corporate telecommunication networks; VPN - virtual telecommunications network signaling.
6. Traffic load. Selected chapters of the problems queuing systems.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Adviser determines the doctoral dissertation under the focus of one region (1-9) Curriculum Subject of specialization II for study and examination. Subject of specialization II provide educators determine IoT FEI STU.|
|Assessed students in total: 11|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. Ing. Ivan Baroňák, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english |
prof. Ing. Peter Farkaš, DrSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
Ing. Juraj Kačur, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Martin Medvecký, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Miloš Orgoň, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Jarmila Pavlovičová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Pavol Podhradský, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Jaroslav Polec, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
doc. Ing. Rastislav Róka, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
prof. Ing. Gregor Rozinaj, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||30. 7. 2018|
|Supervisor:||prof. Ing. Gregor Rozinaj, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by RNDr. Marian Puškár on 07/30/2018.