Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N426L1_4I - Laboratory of Biochemistry (FCFT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Course unit code:||N426L1_4I|
|Course unit title:|
Laboratory of Biochemistry
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Biochemistry and Biomedical Technologies - master (compulsory), 1. semester|
Biochemistry and Biomedical Technologies - master (compulsory), 1. semester
|Level of study:|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
Final assessment will be made by evaluation of protocols and written tests.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student obtains knowledge about methods serving for isolation and analyze of biological macromolecules, isolation cellular structures and measurement of enzyme activities.
- isolation of milk proteins and their analyses by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
isolation of plasmid DNA from Escherichia coli using alkaline lysis.
- estimation of kinetic parameters of purified lactate dehydrogenase.
- isolation of intact chloroplasts from plants and demonstration of the Hill’s reaction.
- isolation of membrane fractions from homogenate of filamentous fungi and determination of activity of respiratory enzymes.
- methods of determination of marker enzyme activities.
Recommended or required reading:
|Language of instruction:|
slovak or english
Assessed students in total: 107
|Name of lecturer(s):|
|Last modification:||29. 1. 2019|
|doc. Ing. Martin Šimkovič, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 01/29/2019.