Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N426P3_4I - Computer Processing of Biological Data (FCFT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology|
|Course unit code:||N426P3_4I|
|Course unit title:||Computer Processing of Biological Data|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Biochemistry and Biomedical Technologies - master (optional), 3. semester|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Requirement of the completion of the course is active participation in the seminars and passing in the final written exam.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Student obtains knowledge about processing of experimental biological data and their presentation by means of table, drawing and graphics softwares. They are able to process data quickly into insightful information what enables them to understand the biological nature of experimental data.|
|- using tabel and graphics editors (EXCEL, Origin) in experimental data processing and their presentation.
- analysis of experimental data using the methods of statistical process (arithmetic mean, standard deviation), probability (Student's t-distribution).
- linear and nonlinear regression analysis and its using for looking relation between variables; calibration curve for quantification of unknown samples.
- mathematic methods used for study of binding interactions between ligand and receptor.
- study of enzyme kinetics; mathematic analysis of kinetic data and calculation of kinetic parameters.
- inhibition of enzyme reaction; determination the type of inhibition, calculation of inhibition constant.
- electrophoretic analysis of macromolecules (qualitative analysis, determination of molecular weight).
- quantitative analysis of spots on TLC plate by direct measurement of surface and by densitometry using standards
- basis of molecular visualization; drawing 2D and 3D structures of biological molecules (ISIS Draw, RasMol, Cn3D).
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 6|
|Name of lecturer(s):||doc. Ing. Martin Šimkovič, PhD. (person responsible for course) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||29. 1. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. Ing. Martin Šimkovič, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 01/29/2019.