Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N434T0_4B - Physical Eucation - Education for Olympism (FCFT - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology|
|Course unit code:||N434T0_4B|
|Course unit title:||Physical Eucation - Education for Olympism|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|credit - a knowledge test|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|Gain knowledge about olympism as a philosophy of life and the evolution of the Olympic movement from antiquity to the present day, familiar with the genesis of international and Slovak olympic movement.|
|Brief syllabus :
Ancient Olympic tradition, the development of modern Olympism , its development and perspectives , philosophical and pedagogical attributes of Olympism , the Olympic Movement in Slovakia .
1. Introduction, requirements , literature ,
- Basic concepts of Olympism .
- The Olympic Charter and its current significance (basic concepts , breakdown )
2. Ancient man in Greece versus physical activity and Panhellenic (especially Olympic ) Games , kalokagathia ekecheiria .
3. Games in Olympia and historical legacy to the world civilization
4. Emergence of Modern Times OH
- Pierre de Coubertin - founder of the Modern Age Olympics and its role in formation , respectively . renewal of the Olympic Games .
5. Overview of the Olympic Games and the Olympic Games feedback ( specific periods of history and place
games in them in terms of the overall situation ) .
6. The emergence of the Winter Olympics and problems as they arise .
7. Pierre de Coubertin and Olympism (the role of sport in education ) .
8. Ancient Traditions in Modern Olympics
- Kalokagatia ( kalokagatia place in modern times ) .
- Ekecheiria ( application ekecheirie in history ) .
- Fair Play (Antiquity versus modern times ) .
9. Problems of the Olympic Movement and Olympic Education .
10. Slovak Olympic Committee , its origin and development
- A brief overview of the different stages of development (1939 - 1947 1990 - to the present ) .
- The current state .
11. Slovak participation of athletes at the summer and winter Olympics .
12. Discussion with Olympians Slovakia according to timeliness and choice.
Short film with the Olympic theme.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|participation in lectures and passing the knowledge test|
|Assessed students in total: 2|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. PhDr. Miroslav Bobrík, PhD. (person responsible for course) - slovak, english|
|Last modification:||6. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. PhDr. Miroslav Bobrík, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 02/06/2019.