Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus N434T0_4B - Physical Eucation - Education for Olympism (FCFT - WS 2019/2020)
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
Course unit code:
|Course unit title:|
Physical Eucation - Education for Olympism
Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
-- item not defined --
|Level of study:|
|Prerequisites for registration:|
credit - a knowledge test
Learning outcomes of the course unit:
Gain knowledge about olympism as a philosophy of life and the evolution of the Olympic movement from antiquity to the present day, familiar with the genesis of international and Slovak olympic movement.
Brief syllabus :
Ancient Olympic tradition, the development of modern Olympism , its development and perspectives , philosophical and pedagogical attributes of Olympism , the Olympic Movement in Slovakia .
1. Introduction, requirements , literature ,
- Basic concepts of Olympism .
- The Olympic Charter and its current significance (basic concepts , breakdown )
2. Ancient man in Greece versus physical activity and Panhellenic (especially Olympic ) Games , kalokagathia ekecheiria .
3. Games in Olympia and historical legacy to the world civilization
4. Emergence of Modern Times OH
- Pierre de Coubertin - founder of the Modern Age Olympics and its role in formation , respectively . renewal of the Olympic Games .
5. Overview of the Olympic Games and the Olympic Games feedback ( specific periods of history and place
games in them in terms of the overall situation ) .
6. The emergence of the Winter Olympics and problems as they arise .
7. Pierre de Coubertin and Olympism (the role of sport in education ) .
8. Ancient Traditions in Modern Olympics
- Kalokagatia ( kalokagatia place in modern times ) .
- Ekecheiria ( application ekecheirie in history ) .
- Fair Play (Antiquity versus modern times ) .
9. Problems of the Olympic Movement and Olympic Education .
10. Slovak Olympic Committee , its origin and development
- A brief overview of the different stages of development (1939 - 1947 1990 - to the present ) .
- The current state .
11. Slovak participation of athletes at the summer and winter Olympics .
12. Discussion with Olympians Slovakia according to timeliness and choice.
Short film with the Olympic theme.
Recommended or required reading:
Language of instruction:
|slovak or english|
participation in lectures and passing the knowledge test
Assessed students in total: 3
|Name of lecturer(s):|
prof. PhDr. Miroslav Bobrík, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course, tutor) - slovak, english
Mgr. Jaroslav Hančák, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak, english
Mgr. Katarína Jaďuďová, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak, english
Mgr. Andrea Koláriková, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak, english
PaedDr. Lucia Ondrušová, PhD. (examiner, instructor) - slovak, english
Mgr. Robin Pělucha, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, tutor) - slovak, english
|6. 2. 2019|
|prof. PhDr. Miroslav Bobrík, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Tomáš Molnár on 02/06/2019.