Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus I1-AM_C - Applied Mathematics (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||I1-AM_C|
|Course unit title:||Applied Mathematics|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Civil Engineering - master (semi-compulsory), 1. semester|
Civil Engineering (in english language) - master (semi-compulsory), 1. semester
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|During the semester there are 2 tests, 50 points each.|
Minimum is 25 points from each of the tests and 56 points together.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The aim is to provide an introduction to the probability theory, mathematical statistics a the theory of partial differential equations. In the first part of semester students should learn the theoretical introduction to mathematical statistics, as well as their applications in practise. In the second part students gain knowledge of the theory of partial differential equations a modelling in engineering applications.|
|• Random variables and their parameters.
• Statistical sample and their parameters.
• Estimators, testing of statistical hypotesis and regression analysis.
• Classification of partial differential equations, models of various types of boundary value problems and mixed initial-boundary value problems. Thier numerical solving.
• Methods for solving elliptic and parabolic problems, non-stacionary problems and their numerical solutions.
• introduction to the methods of finite elements and their applications to engineering problems.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||english or english and slovak|
|Assessed students in total: 28|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Róbert Čunderlík, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)|
prof. RNDr. Martin Kalina, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course) - slovak, english
Ing. Zuzana Minarechová, PhD. (instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english
Ing. Mária Tješšová, PhD. (instructor)
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. RNDr. Martin Kalina, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.