Information sheet ECTS Syllabus
Course syllabus B1-MAT3 - Mathematics 3 (FCE - WS 2019/2020)
|University:||Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Civil Engineering|
|Course unit code:||B1-MAT3|
|Course unit title:||Mathematics 3|
|Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Recommended semester/trimester:||Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resources Management - bachelor (compulsory), 3. semester|
Structural and Transportation Engineering - bachelor (compulsory), 3. semester
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|tests during semester (30 %)|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|First part is devoted to basics of integral calculus with functions of several variables, namely two and three, and their applications in engineering problems. Basic properties and calculus of integrals on curves are also included.
Second part is devoted to numerical mathematics, namely iterative methods for solving nonlinear equations and then also basic numerical methods for solving linear algebraic systems, focusing to Jacobi and Gauss-Seidel iterative methods.
|- Elementary fields in the plane and in space.
- Definition of integral on two and three dimensional domains.
- The transformation of the area, polar and cylindrical coordinates.
- Basic calculus, solving applied problems.
- Curve integral, surface integral, calculation methods and their applications.
- Green's theorem and its application
- Basic concepts of numerical mathematics: relative, absolute error, stability of numerical solutions, good conditionality task, correct numerical task.
- Iterative methods for solving nonlinear equations.
- Numerical solution of linear algebraic systems, Jacobi, Gauss-Seidel methods.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||slovak or english|
|Assessed students in total: 339|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. RNDr. Radko Mesiar, DrSc. (person responsible for course) - slovak, english |
doc. Mgr. Andrea Stupňanová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer) - slovak, english
|Last modification:||28. 2. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. RNDr. Radko Mesiar, DrSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Peter Korčák on 02/28/2019.